Silver Leaves Edition 303

[gn_button link=”http://silvertreess.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/2012_12_12_silver_leaves_edition_303.pdf” color=”#3dc026″ size=”2″ style=”1″ dark=”0″ radius=”auto” target=”self”]2012/12/12 Silver Leaves 302[/gn_button]

How fantastic it is here in the hills! I have been here a whole two seasons, exactly six months. This morning I arrived to the sounds of rolling thunder and the sky being lit by zig- zags of light. Then the heavens opened and poured forth torrents of rain. And now, a choir of grasshoppers sing for me under my window sill. Ah! Silver Tree, isn’t it beautiful. 

The day marked a special occasion for me. I gave my first workshop in watercolour painting to interested parents in Silver Blossoms. I very much enjoyed this time and look forward to the coming year when I can expand on this type of involvement in the school. I am also hoping to establish a discussion group for parents in 2013.

As this is the last Silver Leaves for the year, I would like to take this opportunity to thank David Hammersley for his work with Pilgrims as the games teacher. David has been an amazing helper to the class in many ways beyond his employment here. We wish David all the very best in the future.

I would also like to thank Marisa Lavell. Marisa has been the mainstay of our Kindy Care Programme, bringing what was so right for Kindy 4/5 children in the afternoons. Marisa will be taking on increased duties in Gumnut Kindy next year and we will soon announce the teacher who will be taking Kindy Care.

Finally, on behalf of our whole staff I would like to wish you all a very happy and safe Christmas and holiday season. Let this time be filled with joy and laughter, sun and surf, good food and friends. Most of all make it a time to rest and breathe out with your wonderful children. We look forward to seeing you all back here on Tuesday 5th February 2013.

Deb Williams,
School Administrator. 

Calendar of the Soul
In shining majesty the mighty sun,
A king upon his chariot of gold,
Climbs higher till the heights of heaven are won
In glory streaming, blessed to behold.
And watching him, I feel a strange sense grow
That speaks of things that now I cannot see;
For only later will I truly know

How at this hour, God’s Spirit of the Sun is touching me.
The third light of Advent is the light of beasts, Light of hope that shines in the greatest and the least…

Posted in Newsletter